Best web application development frameworks to use in 2023
How many popular and reliable frameworks are there and which one you should use it?
In the previous article, we mentioned types of Frameworks: Front end & Back end. Some popular frameworks were listed under both categories & we explored how many & what kind of Web applications are there. But there’s more to it.
In this article, we will dig deep to know & understand what is the front end, and back end, how many types of frameworks are there & which framework is best for web application development. So let's get started!
What are the advantages of frameworks & how they have impacted today’s development process?
- Front end & back-end frameworks has eased the process of web application & mobile application work easy.
- Those early traditional methods where codes were written numerous times, badly affecting the code quality & then rectifying the codes to make changes were a tedious job. But now with the newer version of tech stacks, it has become easy to learn, understand, write & create apps in an easy & effective manner.
- Plus it has enabled time & cost saving as well.
Let’s understand the Front end, and back end as an individual tech stack:
|Front end||Back end|
It focuses primarily on databases, backend logic, APIs, and Servers.
|The challenge associated with front-end development is that the tools and techniques used to create the front end of a website change constantly and so the developer needs to constantly be aware of how the field is developing, learn & adapt to the changes.||Users can’t access the backend of any computer application. Only the site admin can.|
|They need to ensure that their site comes up correctly in different browsers (cross-browser), different operating systems (cross-platform), and different devices (cross-device), which requires careful planning on the side of the developer.||It offers features such as user authorization, privacy encryptions, database management, and other reusable components for connecting the front end to the back end.|
|The objective of designing a site is to ensure that when the users open up the site they see the information in a format that is easy to read and relevant.||The main focus is on server handling, designing site architecture, security, and URL routing.|
Technologies used for the Front end:
|It simply renders the scaffolding of the web pages.||It’s the true programming language of front-end engineering and the underlying language that ties everything together.|
Technologies used for the Back end:
|Programming Language||Famous Apps||Frameworks|
|Ruby on Rails (ROR)||GitHub
|Ruby on Rails
|Scala||Finagle by Twitter
Which framework is best for different types of web application development:
Now that we have identified the variety of framework with examples of actual Applications built on them, let’s understand which framework works well with different types of the web application.
There are certain criteria on which the frameworks are chosen to create applications:
- Scale of the application: By scale, we mean how big or small the application will be in size & operation.
- Functional use: Functional use means what kind of application the user wants to create & what kind of business will be circulated on the application. For eg, E-commerce, E-learning, Service selling, CMS, CRM, etc.
- Security: By security, we mean if the platform usage includes storing of highly confidential details or credentials & only certain frameworks are secure enough to not let the scammers bypass the security protocol of the framework & steal user’s private information. Such applications include Fintech applications, database CRM applications, Medical record applications, etc.
- Cost/Budget: Every framework is built upon different levels of robustness, security, difficulty, or easiness level. Their cost is determined by the mentioned factors. If one has a good budget & does not want to compromise the security & speed of a website then one can opt for expensive frameworks such as React JS, Python, RoR, etc. And if one’s budget is not so high & wants to launch the site on the minimum viable level at the initial stage & then scale it large then one can go for WordPress, PHP, etc. This does not mean that these tech stacks are not robust or secure enough, but the others are more than these.
Web application development creation includes tech stack framework, database infrastructure, APIs, server management, web designs & libraries.
The below listed are some of the best frameworks to build web applications as per 2023 trend:
- PHP Laravel: Laravel is developed by Taylor Otwell in 2011 & it follows an MVC architecture pattern. Laravel is known for it’s less to zero maintenance requirement, elegance, simplicity, readability, robustness & security.
- Language: PHP
- Latest version: Laravel 8.2.0
- Framework link: https://laravel.com/
- Websites built on Laravel: Yahoo, Wikipedia, Tumblr.
- Angular JS: Angular is a framework by Google, originally developed by Misko Hevery and Adam Abrons. This framework is used to build large-scale & high performances applications yet easy to maintain, effective performance & retain its quick speed.
- Latest Version: Angular 15.1.1
- Framework Link: https://angular.io/
- Websites built on Angular JS: Google, Forbes, Upwork
- Latest version: React 18.2
- Framework Link: https://reactjs.org/
- Websites built on React JS: Airbnb, Asana, Dropbox, BBC
- Language: Ruby
- Latest version: Rails 7.0.4
- Framework Link: http://rubyonrails.org/
- Websites built on RoR: Shopify, Github, Urbandictionary
- Django: Django was created by Lawrence Journal-World in 2003. This framework is famous for its fast speed, scalable, flexible & secure. It reduces a lot of hassles that a developer has to face during the development of a website. It is used to develop minimal yet smart web applications.
- Language: Python
- Latest Version: Django 4.1.5
- Framework link: https://www.djangoproject.com/
- Websites built on Django: Pinterest, Instagram, Quora.
- ASP.Net:ASP.net is the framework by Microsoft, released in 2002. Web & mobile applications built with ASP.net are robust, smooth, lightweight & high-performance.
- Language: C#
- Latest version: 4.6
- Framework link: http://www.asp.net/
- Websites built on ASP.net: Microsoft, GoDaddy, Dell.
- Express JS: Express JS is created by TJ Holowaychuk, StrongLoop, and others, released on 22nd May 2010. The framework is minimal & is available with many plugins. Express facilitates the rapid development of Node.js based Web applications & also one major component of the MEAN software bundle.
- Latest version: Express 4.18. 1
- Framework link: http://expressjs.com/
- Websites built on Express JS: eBay, Mozilla, Groupon.
Choosing the right tech stack & framework is a challenging task & an important decision to make. Any person with less or zero knowledge might struggle to understand & choose the right framework & end up going with the wrong tech stack. If you want to have an in-depth knowledge & struggling to choose the right tech stack then you no longer need to struggle & be clueless.
Nyusoft Solutions LLP works on various tech stacks & frameworks like PHP Laravel, React JS, Node JS, Angular JS, ASP.net & many others.
The company has expertise in creating robust, complex & high-performance web & mobile applications using the above-mentioned framework. They have a huge team of PHP laravel, React JS, Node JS, Angular JS, Mean & Mern stack developers.
If you are looking to hire dedicated developer or team for your project then check out herefor exploring for various options that suits your project plan.